Two Teenagers Found Unconscious After Suspected Overdose
Two teenagers were found unconscious after a suspected overdose in Milton today.
Shortly after 2 p.m today (May 15), the Halton Police responded to a report of two 18-year-old males found unconscious at a residence in Milton. Upon arrival, the officer located the two men outside of the home, both showing signs of a suspected overdose.
According to information provided to officers, more than a dozen high school students gathered at the home today, when the two men went outside to smoke. The two men thought they were smoking cannabis and purchased the drug from a third party. Shortly after the two youths smoked the substance, both lost consciousness and began to have seizures. A neighbour witnessed this and called 9-1-1.
According to the police, officers administered Naloxone to both victims. One victim received a single dose of Naloxone before regaining consciousness, while the other remained unresponsive and required a second dose of Naloxone to regain consciousness. They were then taken to the hospital.
The police are still investigating the incident and have not confirmed what drug or drugs were consumed by the two victims. Anyone with relevant information is asked to contact the District Staff Sergeant at 905-825-4777 ext. 2410.
The police want to remind people that if someone sees an overdose, they should call 9-1-1 immediately. The outcome of the overdose today is the result of the witness calling the police and the administration of Naloxone by the officers.
- Cineplex CEO Stands By Decision To Screen Pro-Life Film 'Unplanned'
- This Pub is Now Open in Burlington
- Metrolinx Working to Improve the Commute for Some Halton Residents
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
- Halton Police to Carry Anti-Overdose Drug Naloxone
- Milton Inmate Pens Thank-You Letter to Police After Suspected Opioid Overdose
- UPDATE: Two Milton Teens Hospitalized After Consuming Unknown Drug
- Burlington Man Found Dead in Hamilton
- Here’s How Many Opioid-Related Deaths There Were in Halton Last Year