Two Youths Charged Following Car Theft in Burlington
Two youths are facing charges in connection with a vehicle theft in Burlington.
Halton police say that in the early morning hours of July 16, officers were called to the Janina Boulevard area after a resident reportedly witnessed their vehicle being stolen from their driveway.
Police say officers found the stolen vehicle abandoned a short distance away.
Police say that with the assistance of the service's K9 unit, two suspects were subsequently located and arrested. Police also say that further investigation indicated that the suspects were allegedly responsible for entering several unlocked vehicles in the area.
Police also allege that the suspects entered and caused "a significant amount of damage" to a house under construction.
The two youths have been charged with several property related offences.
Police are reminding residents to remove their keys and valuable items from their vehicles and ensure those vehicles are locked when unattended.
Anyone with information that may assist in this investigation are asked to contact Detective Constable Colin Macleod of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext 2357.
- Two Youths Arrested After Allegedly Fleeing From Police in Burlington
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Police Investigating Numerous Vehicle Thefts in Oakville and Burlington
- Three Men Arrested Following Alleged Car Theft in Oakville
- Police Arrest Man in Allegedly Stolen Car in Milton