Unique New Fried Chicken Restaurant Opens in Burlington
There’s good chicken and there’s chicken that’s tasty as cluck (that wasn’t a typo).
A hip new casual dining option has arrived in downtown Burlington, where the vibe is cheeky and the food is “going to ruffle some feathers.”
Brant St. is home to the Coop Wicked Chicken … you may recognize the name from Hamilton’s original King St. W. location.
Doors opened in March 2017 and locals are flocking to the place.
Featuring lunch, dinner, and boozy weekend brunch, Coop Wicked Chicken offers fresh in-house food made with high-quality ingredients.
Offerings include Deep-Fried Deviled Eggs, Sriracha Honey Cauliflower, Hardcore Pulled Chicken Poutine, and Chicken & Waffles (topped with an egg).
The atmosphere is unpretentious and fun.
In terms of aesthetics, the “punk-rock meets rustic henhouse” pays homage to the ’80s and ’90s. There’s tons of nostalgic paraphernalia, including Super Mario and Pac Man behind the bar, plus board games like Jenga, and boxes of Froot Loops.
In one bathroom stall you’ll find subway tile paired with strawberry wallpaper.
A DJ spins old-school hip-hop on weekend nights.
- Free Portuguese Chicken Coming to Oakville and Burlington For One Day Only
- Top 5 Places for Winter Comfort Food in Burlington
- Best Chicken Wing Battle: Milton Vs. Mississauga
- Top 5 Biggest Restaurant Openings of 2017 in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Sept. 2 - Sept. 8