UNSOLVED MURDERS: Kimlyn Tolgyes was Found in Burlington
It’s been 16 years and the murder of 19-year-old Kimlyn Tolgyes remains unsolved.
Police say Tolgyes was last seen alive either late Aug. 23 or early Aug. 24, 2002, in the area of Main Street and Grant Street in Hamilton.
According to police, on Aug. 29, 2002, the naked body of Tolgyes was found in Kerncliffe Park on Kerns Road in Burlington.
Following a post-mortem examination, the cause of Tolgyes’ death was revealed.
A blunt force trauma to the head.
The person responsible is still unaccounted for.
According to police, Tolgyes was a street person who resided in downtown Hamilton and associated with drug users and sex trade workers.
If you have any information on this case, contact the Halton Regional Police Service Homicide Unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 8760 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: Sean Conrado Anderson was Found in Milton
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: Paavo Henttonen Was Found in His Georgetown Apartment
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: Raymond Michael Venerus Was Last Seen in Milton
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: William McIntyre was Found in his Oakville Apartment
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: Charlie Melo was Found in Oakville