UNSOLVED MURDERS: Mark Nimz Was Shot at a Burlington Establishment
It's been 27 years since Mark Nimz was shot at an establishment in the City of Burlington.
According to police, on Wednesday, Nov. 26, 1992 around 1:55 a.m., a male suspect entered the rear door of a restaurant/bar once known as the “Naked Turtle” located at 645 Plains Rd. E. in Burlington.
The suspect, who was armed, demanded money.
While the robbery was taking place, a patron of the establishment, Nimz, who was 35-years-old, intervened.
Nimz was shot by the suspect.
The suspect is described by police as a black male who is between 24 and 30-years-old, 5 6”, and has a pudgy face, as well as a flat and wide nose.
Police say the suspect did not appear to have any facial hair.
The suspect, according to police, was wearing a three-quarter length dark blue ski-type coat that had draw strings at the waist, grey flaps on the pockets and a grey flap on the zipper that ran the entire length of the coat. Police say that a hood, the same colour as the coat, was attached. According to police, the model of the coat is said to be “Major Damage”.
Police say the suspect was also wearing black loose-fitting workout/track pants, and black high-top running shoes.
Police say the collar of the suspect's coat was pulled up to cover most of his face, and the hood was pulled down to cover his head and upper portion of his face.
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Halton Hills passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Oakville council passes motion calling for mandatory mask bylaw across Halton
- Toy store with locations throughout the GTA files for bankruptcy
- Burlington Bank Robbery Suspect on the Run
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at LCBO in Halton Hills
- Police Seeking Suspect After Clothing Stolen From Marshalls in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at Oakville Winners
- NEW PHOTOS: Police Hunt Burlington Robbery Suspect