Up to 15 cm of Snow Set to Hit Halton
It’s been a particularly snowy winter in Halton this year, and it looks like the snow won’t be stopping anytime soon - well, at least today.
According to Environment Canada, Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Halton Hills could all see up to 15 cm of snow today (Feb. 27). The snowfall will continue throughout the day and will cease this evening.
Locally higher amounts of 20 cm, notes Environment Canada, are possible near the west end of Lake Ontario.
This snowfall is likely to be the heaviest in the afternoon and is expected to impact the commute home. Motorists are encouraged to give themselves extra time to reach their destination.
However, if you thought that was the end of things you’d be sadly mistaken. Not only is it going to be a snowy day today, it is also expected to be quite cold.
Environment Canada notes that although we will see a high of minus six, with the wind chill it is expected to feel like minus 17.
Stay safe, Halton.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s the Latest on What’s Happening with the Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville