Up to 15 cm of Snow Set to Hit Halton
It's been a particularly snowy winter in Halton this year, and it looks like the snow won't be stopping anytime soon - well, at least today.
According to Environment Canada, Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Halton Hills could all see up to 15 cm of snow today (Feb. 27). The snowfall will continue throughout the day and will cease this evening.
Locally higher amounts of 20 cm, notes Environment Canada, are possible near the west end of Lake Ontario.
This snowfall is likely to be the heaviest in the afternoon and is expected to impact the commute home. Motorists are encouraged to give themselves extra time to reach their destination.
However, if you thought that was the end of things you'd be sadly mistaken. Not only is it going to be a snowy day today, it is also expected to be quite cold.
Environment Canada notes that although we will see a high of minus six, with the wind chill it is expected to feel like minus 17.
Stay safe, Halton.
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Halton police make arrest in Grill Daddy restaurant robbery
- Highway lane blocked due to collision in Burlington