UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
An 84-year-old Burlington resident has died following a collision that occurred in Oakville.
According to police, on Monday, May 20, 2019, the driver involved in the collision on Valleyridge Drive, an 84-year-old Burlington resident, died as a result of complications arising from injuries sustained in the collision.
The passenger, a 92-year-old woman from Oakville, remains in hospital in serious condition.
The collision occurred on Wednesday, May 8.
Police say the driver of the vehicle turned into St. Luke’s Anglican Church and the vehicle became stuck after partially driving over the median separating the driveway and the parking lot.
The driver and her two passengers, police say, exited the vehicle, examined the situation, and determined that a tow truck would be required to free the automobile from the median.
As the driver and her rear-passenger were reaching into the vehicle to get their belongings, the driver inadvertently caused the vehicle to be put in motion and accelerated the vehicle while it was in reverse.
The driver and the passenger were ejected from the vehicle through the open doors on the driver’s side of the vehicle when the vehicle swerved to the right. The vehicle continued in reverse across the west boulevard and came to rest against a set of concrete stairs for the church.
At the request of the family, the name of the deceased will not be released by police.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- UPDATE: 92-Year-Old Dies as a Result of Injuries From Oakville Collision
- Driver Flees After Striking Police Vehicle in Burlington
- UPDATE: Vehicle Driven by 13 Year Old Boy Involved in Serious Crash in Oakville
- Driver Flees Three-Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver's Vehicle Destroyed in Halton Hills