UPDATE: 92-Year-Old Dies as a Result of Injuries From Oakville Collision
A 92-year-old Oakville woman has died as a result of the injuries she sustained following a collision in the town.
The collision occurred on Wednesday, May 8.
Police say the driver of the vehicle turned into St. Luke's Anglican Church and the vehicle became stuck after partially driving over the median separating the driveway and the parking lot.
The driver and her two passengers, police say, exited the vehicle, examined the situation, and determined that a tow truck would be required to free the automobile from the median.
As the driver and her rear-passenger were reaching into the vehicle to get their belongings, the driver inadvertently caused the vehicle to be put in motion and accelerated the vehicle while it was in reverse.
The driver and the passenger were ejected from the vehicle through the open doors on the driver's side of the vehicle when it swerved to the right. The vehicle continued in reverse across the west boulevard and came to rest against a set of concrete stairs for the church.
According to police, on Monday, May 20, 2019, the driver involved in the collision, an 84-year-old Burlington resident, died as a result of complications arising from injuries sustained.
And on Wednesday May 29, 2019 the passenger involved in the collision, a 92-year-old Oakville resident, also died as a result of the injuries she sustained.
At the request of the family, the name of the passenger will not be released.
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Police investigating theft of Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- Top 5 places to get chocolate in Burlington
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- UPDATE: Vehicle Driven by 13 Year Old Boy Involved in Serious Crash in Oakville
- Driver Flees After Striking Police Vehicle in Burlington
- Man Sustains Serious Injuries Following Collision in Burlington Parking Lot
- Driver Flees Three-Vehicle Collision in Burlington