UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
Police have released an update in their investigation into a collision in Oakville.
The incident, which happened Monday morning, involved a vehicle that crashed through the barriers at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive, ending up in Lake Ontario.
A 22 year old male was taken into custody. He is charged with impaired driving and refusing to provide a breath sample.
At 12:20 p.m., police reported that search teams recovered one body from the shore of Lake Ontario.
The investigation is ongoing.
At 1:57 p.m., police confirmed that the body of a deceased male was located near the scene of the crash, believed to have been a passenger in the vehicle.
Police believe there were no other passengers.
UPDATE: (10:00 p.m.)
The victim is identified as a 27 year old Mississauga man, whose identity will not be disclosed at the request of his family.
The driver, identified as 22 year old Aaron Dobbs from Welland, will appear in court on November 6 for a bail hearing.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton
- UPDATE: Driver Identified Following Crash into Lake in Oakville
- Identity of Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash in Oakville Revealed
- ROAD CLOSURE: Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario in Oakville
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington