UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
Police have released an update in their investigation into a collision in Oakville.
The incident, which happened Monday morning, involved a vehicle that crashed through the barriers at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive, ending up in Lake Ontario.
A 22 year old male was taken into custody. He is charged with impaired driving and refusing to provide a breath sample.
At 12:20 p.m., police reported that search teams recovered one body from the shore of Lake Ontario.
The investigation is ongoing.
At 1:57 p.m., police confirmed that the body of a deceased male was located near the scene of the crash, believed to have been a passenger in the vehicle.
Police believe there were no other passengers.
UPDATE: (10:00 p.m.)
The victim is identified as a 27 year old Mississauga man, whose identity will not be disclosed at the request of his family.
The driver, identified as 22 year old Aaron Dobbs from Welland, will appear in court on November 6 for a bail hearing.
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Hamilton-Burlington
- Former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez dies
- UPDATE: Driver Identified Following Crash into Lake in Oakville
- Identity of Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash in Oakville Revealed
- ROAD CLOSURE: Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario in Oakville
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington