UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
The victim who lost his life in a fatal highway crash near the Oakville border this morning has been identified.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The deceased victim is identified as 63 year old Brampton man Kumarasamy Gunaraynam.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, Gunaraynam succumbed to his injuries early Sunday morning after his vehicle was involved in the collision.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
The highway has reopened.
Photo courtesy of Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton
- Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
- One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash Near Oakville Border
- PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash Near Oakville Border
- Woman Dead After Highway Collision at Oakville Border
- Victim in Fatal Burlington Crash Identified by Police