UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
The victim who lost his life in a fatal highway crash near the Oakville border this morning has been identified.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The deceased victim is identified as 63 year old Brampton man Kumarasamy Gunaraynam.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, Gunaraynam succumbed to his injuries early Sunday morning after his vehicle was involved in the collision.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
The highway has reopened.
Photo courtesy of Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Police Say Car Thieves are Targeting SUVs in Oakville
- Here's How Much You'll Pay with a First Time Home Buyer's Incentive in Halton
- Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
- One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash Near Oakville Border
- PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash Near Oakville Border
- Woman Dead After Highway Collision at Oakville Border
- Victim in Fatal Burlington Crash Identified by Police