UPDATE: Driver Identified Following Crash into Lake in Oakville
Halton Police have identified the driver in this morning’s vehicle incident.
Early Monday, November 5, a vehicle crashed through the barriers at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive, crashing into Lake Ontario.
The vehicle was removed from the lake and the driver was taken into custody.
Later, search teams recovered the body of a deceased male from the shore of Lake Ontario.
The victim is believed to be a 27 year old Mississauga man. Police say his identity will not be disclosed at his family's request.
The driver is identified as Aaron Dobbs, a 22 year old man from Welland. He is charged with impaired driving causing death and refusing to provide a breath sample.
Dobbs will appear in court for a bail hearing on November 6.
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- Identity of Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash in Oakville Revealed
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
- ROAD CLOSURE: Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario in Oakville
- Victim in Fatal Burlington Crash Identified by Police