UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
A fatality has been reported following a person being struck by a train in Oakville this morning (May 21).
According to the Lakeshore West Train twitter account, the Aldershot GO 8:36 - Union Station 9:46 GO train struck a person at the Oakville GO station this morning.
As a result, the train will no longer be in service.
The Aldershot GO 08:36 - Union Station 09:46 #GOtrain has struck a person at Oakville GO station, and will no longer be in service. We ask for your patience at this time, and we will provide updates as information becomes available.— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) May 21, 2019
Reported a person struck at Oakville GO station. #GOtrains will not be able to move through the area for about 2 hours. Update to follow.— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) May 21, 2019
Fatality at Oakville GO Trains btwn Aldershot & Bronte, buses btwn Bronte & Clarkson & trains btwn Clarkson & Union.— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) May 21, 2019
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: The investigation is ongoing.
investigation of fatality ongoing at Oakville GO Trains btwn Aldershot & Bronte, buses btwn Bronte & Clarkson & trains btwn Clarkson & Union.— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) May 21, 2019
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade
- Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- GO Train Halts Service After Person Struck in Oakville
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville
- GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington Halted After Person Struck and Killed
- GO Train Service Suspended After Pedestrian Struck in Oakville