UPDATE: Halton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Hamilton Youth Following Burlington Robbery
Halton Police have arrested a 15-year-old Hamilton male following a robbery that occurred in Burlington
According to police, on Nov. 27 at approximately 4:30 p.m., police responded to a report of a robbery in the Mountainside Drive and Maryvale Court area in Burlington.
Police say they arrived on scene and spoke with a 15-year-old male who was robbed of a gold chain that he was trying to sell through Letgo - a buy and sell website.
According to police, during the attempted sales transaction, the suspect reached into the vehicle he arrived in, pulled out a pellet gun and demanded the victim hand over the chain.
The victim, according to police, grabbed onto the pellet gun and threw it to the ground which resulted in a struggle.
Police say, the suspect fled in the vehicle with the chain.
The vehicle, according to police, that the suspect operated had been stolen from the Dundas area in Hamilton overnight on Nov. 25to Nov. 26.
Police found the vehicle abandoned on Lansdowne Drive in Burlington.
On Nov. 2812:40 a.m., police arrested the suspect, a 15-year-old youth from Hamilton.
According to police, due to the age the suspect cannot be identified.
Police say, the suspect was later released on a promise to appear in Milton Youth Court on Dec. 27.
Police say, the suspect has been charged with alleged robbery, using an imitation firearm during the commission of an offence, and possession of property obtained by crime under $5000.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Detective Constable Mark Urie of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2338.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Suspect Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Police Searching for Milton-Based Contractor Following Verbal Assault Incident
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam"
- Mississauga Man Charged in Relation to Gunpoint Robbery in Oakville
- 5 Affordable Couple Getaways Near Halton
- Police Seek Bicycle-Riding Robbery Suspect in Burlington
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Searching for Suspect of Gas Station Robbery in Burlington
- Police Searching for Bank Robbery Suspect in Burlington