UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Halton
Environment Canada has issued an update on their recent weather statement.
The current forecast calls for freezing rain starting this evening (Saturday, March 9) and ending early Sunday, with 15 to 25 mm of rainfall possible.
“Freezing rain is expected to move into Southwestern Ontario this evening and advance eastward to reach the Golden Horseshoe towards midnight,” the statement reads.
While the freezing rain will likely change to rain as temperatures rise above freezing, Environment Canada warns that it may fall heavily.
Following the rainfall, strong southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are expected on Sunday.
Residents, especially those who plan on commuting tonight or tomorrow, are reminded to be cautious as the freezing rain will create slippery roads and walkways.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville