UPDATE: Here's the Latest on School Lockdown in Milton
Halton Regional Police have released the following statement regarding the school lockdown incident in Milton:
According to police on Thursday January 10 at approximately 11:25 am, they responded to a call near Bishop P.F. Reding Catholic Secondary School. Police received information about a group of males with a gun in the area chasing another youth.
The search for suspects led police to issue a hold and secure at two elementary schools in the area (Chris Hadfield Public School and St. Peter Catholic School).
Further investigation led police back to Bishop P.F Reding, where at that time a lockdown was placed on that school. The hold and secures were then lifted at the two elementary schools.
Police entered Bishop P.F. Reding in search of suspects and took six males into custody, all of whom are youth offenders and therefore will not be named.
During the course of the investigation police recovered one knife and one pellet gun. An airsoft gun that was initially thought to be part of this incident is confirmed to be unrelated.
The lockdown at Bishop P.F Reding was lifted once all suspects were in custody. No physical injuries were reported as a resut of the incident.
Police are asking for any witnesses who may have information to contact Detective Constable Craig Slade at 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2416.
UPDATE (Jan. 11 10:40 a.m.): According to police, charges have now been laid against the six male youths taken into custody during yesterday’s occurrence. All six youths have been charged with alleged robbery and weapons dangerous. Due to their age and the Youth Criminal Justice Act, the suspects cannot be identified.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek
- UPDATE: Seven Youths in Custody Following Milton School Lockdown
- Four Suspects in Custody After Weapons Call at Halton School Lockdown
- UPDATE: One Milton School in Lockdown
- UPDATE: Youth Facing Charges Following Elementary School Stabbing in Milton
- One School in Lockdown and Another is in Hold and Secure in Georgetown