UPDATE: Male Arrested After ATV Crashes Into Police Cruiser in Burlington
Police have made an arrest following a crash that closed down a road this morning in Burlington.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, police received reports of an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) driving erratically on the QEW.
Officers were called to the scene.
The vehicle moved onto Eastport Drive west of the Burlington Lift Bridge, where it crashed into the side of a parked OPP cruiser.
Schmidt says the driver, a 35 year old male, attempted to flee on foot but was apprehended a short distance away.
The driver and a 33 year old woman who was also on the ATV have been taken to hospital with reportedly minor injuries.
There were no officers in the cruiser at the time of the crash and no other injuries have been reported.
Eastport Drive is currently closed in both directions for investigation. Schmidt reports that the roadway should reopen soon.
There has been no effect to traffic on the QEW.
The investigation into this incident has been turned over to Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit.
Photo via Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Halton Hills passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Oakville council passes motion calling for mandatory mask bylaw across Halton
- 401 on-ramp blocked in Milton due to flooding
- Police searching for missing 17-year-old from Oakville
- MAYORS CHAT: Marianne Meed Ward chats about what's going on in Burlington - July 8, 2020
- Eastport Drive closed at Lift Bridge in Burlington
- Five-Vehicle Crash Involving Police Cruiser at Pearson Airport
- Driver Seriously Injured in Burlington QEW Crash
- Police Cleared in Bizarre Burlington ATV Crash
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot