Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
A 34-year-old man from Windsor is dead after driving into a pond in Milton Sunday.
The vehicle was allegedly stolen, according to Halton Police.
At around 7:10 p.m., officers say they arrived at the scene to find a vehicle fully submerged in a pond on Bront St N, south of Steeles Ave.
“Initial reports were that a vehicle was travelling northbound on Bronte Street North, left the roadway and entered a pond on the east side of the road,” said police. “No occupants were seen exiting the vehicle.”
Emergency crews were able to locate the driver and transport him to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
“While at the scene, investigators learned that the vehicle involved in the collision was stolen,” continued police. “Investigators confirmed that the vehicle, a silver, four-door sedan was travelling northbound prior to leaving the roadway.”
Anyone with information or dashcam footage of the incident is being asked to contact police.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- CPA Canada hit by cyberattack, affecting data of more than 329,000 stakeholders
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover in Milton
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Suspect Charged After Vehicle Stolen at Milton Gas Station
- Stolen Vehicle Involved in Burlington Crash