UPDATE: Oakville Metro location temporarily shut down after fourth employee tests positive for COVID-19
Your shopping trip at Metro may have to wait until later this weekend.
The Metro location on Upper Middle Road in Oakville has been temporarily shut down after a fourth employee tested positive for COVID-19 earlier today (Friday, May 1).
It was reported earlier that three of the store’s employees tested positive for the virus within the span of a week: One on April 23, one on April 25 and the third on April 29.
Metro communications manager Stephanie Bonk confirmed that Metro decided to temporarily close the location as a precaution.
According to Bonk, the store will undergo a thorough electrostatic cleaning on Saturday, May 2 and is set to reopen to the public at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 3.
While not mandated by a governing body, Metro publishes all positive in-store COVID-19 cases in Ontario and Quebec on its corporate website.
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- City of Burlington redesigns some services as province eases COVID-19 restrictions