UPDATE: Man and woman killed in Oakville house fire
UPDATE: Halton Regional Police Service reports that the female victim succumbed to her injuries, as well.
HOUSE FIRE UPDATE— Halton Police (@HaltonPolice) January 13, 2020
Further to last evening's media release, it is with great sadness that we confirm that the adult female who was removed from the Princess Anne Cres. home has since died.
Any media inquiries regarding the fire investigation should be directed to the OFM. ^jh
One person is dead after a fire broke out in Oakville Sunday evening (Jan 12).
The fire, which broke out at a residence on Princess Anne Crescent (near the intersection of Speers and Kerr Street), was reported by a passerby at 8:39 p.m.
Police removed two people from the home, including an adult male who has since been pronounced dead.
The other victim, an adult female, remains in the hospital with serious injuries.
The fire has been extinguished and there are no other victims.
“Cause of the fire has not yet been confirmed. The Ontario Fire Marshall’s office has taken carriage of the investigation,” police say.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Two separate collisions lead to significant charges in Burlington
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- New regulations for importing fruits and vegetables are now in effect
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police