UPDATE: One Male Dead Following Head-On Collision in Halton Hills
One male is dead after a serious head-on collision that occurred in Halton Hills.
According to police, yesterday (Jan. 9) the Halton Regional Police Service responded to a report of a serious head-on motor vehicle collision in the town.
Police say the collision happened on Regional Road 25, north of No. 10 Sideroad.
At approximately 3:46 p.m., according to police, a 55-year-old male resident of the town was traveling northbound on Regional Road 25 when his 2008 Mazda pick-up lost control and entered the southbound lane.
The Mazda was subsequently struck by a southbound 2018 Dodge Ram that was being operated by a 72-year-old Halton Hills resident.
The driver of the Mazda was tended to by passing motorists and 9-1-1 was called.
According to police, due to the severity of the collision and as a result of his injuries, the male driver of the Mazda died.
The 72-year-old male driver and his female passenger suffered minor injuries.
Due to the nature of the collision, the Halton Regional Police Collision Reconstruction Unit responded and took carriage of the investigation.
The scene was held for approximately six hours for the at-scene collision investigation and the subsequent vehicle removal.
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905 825-4747 extension 5065 or tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- ROAD CLOSURES: Halton Police on Scene Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Collision in Halton Hills
- Man Sustains Serious Injuries Following Collision in Burlington Parking Lot
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Fatal Motorcycle Collision in Oakville
- UPDATE: Serious Collision in Milton Leaves One Oakville Man in Critical Condition
- UPDATE: Man Dead in Motorcycle Collision in Milton