UPDATE: One Milton School in Lockdown
One Milton school is currently in lockdown and two others are in a hold in place as a result of police activity.
A hold in place was ordered by Halton Police at Bishop Redding High School as well as Chris Hadfield and St. Peter's elementary schools in the town.
However, police recently reported that the status of Bishop Redding status has been upgraded to a lockdown.
The two elementary schools, at this time, remain in hold and secure only.
These orders were made as a precautionary measure.
No imminent threat to students is apparent, according to police.
Students walking back from lunch will be allowed into the impacted schools.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
UPDATE (12:27 Jan. 10): Halton Police are requesting that parents of students who attend Bishop Redding High School, Chris Hadfield Public School, and St. Peter's Elementary School do not attend the schools at this time as this is an active investigation.
UPDATE (12:48 Jan. 10): According to police, four youths have been detained at Bishop Redding High School in relation to the police investigation. The high school remains in lockdown at this time. The hold and secure on both nearby elementary schools has been lifted, police say, and both schools are returning to regular operations.
UPDATE (1:04 p.m. Jan. 10): At this time, police have confirmed that all students and staff at the three Milton schools are safe, and that no injuries have been incurred.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat
- Milton Schools in Hold in Place Due to Police Activity
- UPDATE: Seven Youths in Custody Following Milton School Lockdown
- UPDATE: Here's the Latest on School Lockdown in Milton
- One School in Lockdown and Another is in Hold and Secure in Georgetown
- Two Milton Schools Briefly Placed in Hold and Secures Following Investigation