UPDATE: Part of Oakville Road Still Closed Following Fuel Spill
Part of an Oakville road remains closed following a fuel spill.
Yesterday (July 22) Halton Police took to Twitter to report a fuel spill from a collision involving a transport truck.
Initially police said that Burnhamthorpe Road was closed in both directions between Trafalgar Road and Ninth Line.
Now, according to police, it has been noted that the town has taken control of the road.
Cleanup is expected to take two days.
“Vehicles will be able to turn onto Trafalgar Rd from Burnhamthorpe however there will still be a closure on Burhamthorpe between Trafalgar and Ninth Line,” reads a Halton Police tweet.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: Town has taken control of road and advised cleanup will take 2 days. Vehicles will be able to turn onto Trafalgar Rd from Burnhamthorpe however there will still be a closure on Burhamthorpe between Trafalgar and Ninth Line. ^ra— Halton Police (@HaltonPolice) July 22, 2019
UPDATE:Burnhamthorpe road is now open.
- Significant snow in the forecast for Halton
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- What are the key issues in the Ontario teachers’ disputes with the province?
- Halton man wins Lotto Max Encore after buying ticket in Burlington