UPDATE: Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Opening Soon at Canada's Wonderland
If you’re getting impatient to ride the newest coaster at Canada’s Wonderland, you’ll be pleased to hear you won’t have to wait much longer.
The Yukon Striker, the first and currently the only dive coaster in Canada, will be opening for the first time when Canada’s Wonderland reopens its gates on Friday, May 3 for the 2019 season.
As we reported just after the ride’s completion back in February, the Yukon Striker is poised to break records as the longest, fastest and tallest dive roller coaster in the world, boasting a speed of 130 km/h (80 mph), a length of 3,625 feet (1,105 m), and a height 245 feet (75 m).
One of the ride’s main attractions is its intense 90-degree, 245-foot drop.
“Yukon Striker promises an exhilarating journey along its 3,625 feet of mountainous track where guests will be treated to a spectacular view stretching to the Toronto skyline,” the park said in a statement.
The Yukon Striker will be located in Frontier Canada, a new themed area in the park designed to represent “the rugged Yukon backcountry during the Klondike Gold Rush era of the late 1890s.”
To get a glimpse of how the ride will look from a first-person point of view, check out this video from Canada’s Wonderland:
The park will officially open at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 3, 2019.
Will you be getting on the Yukon Striker?
Photo and video courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Three arrested after robbery suspects ram cruiser: Halton Police
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Brand New, Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Built at Canada's Wonderland
- VIDEO: Canada’s Wonderland Introduces World’s Tallest And Fastest Dive Coaster
- Canada's Wonderland is Getting a Massive Winter Festival
- Canada's Wonderland is Getting its Own Hotel