UPDATE: Serious Collision in Milton Leaves One Oakville Man in Critical Condition
A serious collision in Milton has left one Oakville man in critical condition.
Yesterday, Dec. 3, at approximately 3:30 p.m., the Halton Regional Police Service was notified of a serious three vehicle collision that occurred on Regional Road 25 between Louie St. Laurent and Britannia Road.
According to police, the collision occurred when a northbound orange Dodge collided with the rear of a Honda Civic that was stopped in the northbound lane on Regional Road 25.
The force of the impact resulted in the Honda Civic being propelled across the centre line and into the path of a southbound white van.
The van then collided with the Honda Civic causing it to spin off the roadway into the west ditch.
The driver of the Dodge Caliber, a 22-year-old Milton man, received minor injuries and was transported to Milton District Hospital.
The driver of the Honda Civic, a 34-year-old Oakville man, was transported to a trauma centre in critical condition. The man, according to police, is still in critical condition.
The driver of the southbound van, a 52-year-old Toronto man, and his two passengers were not injured.
Due to the nature of the injuries, the Collision Reconstruction Unit attended the scene and handled the investigation.
Regional Road 25 was closed in both directions for approximately four hours for the investigation.
According to police, the weather, although snowing at the time of the investigation, does not appear to be a contributing factor in the collision.
Police say there was no suspicion of impairment by the driver of the northbound Dodge Caliber.
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact Detective Constable Chris Heffernan of the Halton Regional Police Service Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-825-4747 extension 5420.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington
- Serious Collision in Milton Leaves Two People in Trauma Centres
- UPDATE: One Male Dead Following Head-On Collision in Halton Hills
- Cyclist in Critical Condition After Being Struck by Vehicle in Oakville
- Part of Major Road Closed for Collision Investigation in Milton
- Road Closed for Collision Investigation in Milton