UPDATE: Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for all of Halton
If you plan on traveling this evening, you might want to watch the weather.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says localized pockets of flurries may affect areas near the west end of Lake Ontario this afternoon due to increasing northeast winds. It also says more widespread snow associated with a passing low pressure system is expected to move into the region early this evening and end later Monday morning.
Snowfall amounts are generally expected to be in the 5 to 10 cm range.
However, for areas stretching from near Oakville towards Hamilton and Grimsby, there is a possibility that amounts may approach 15 cm.
In addition to the snow, gusty northeasterly winds will generate local blowing snow especially closer to Lake Ontario.
Travel may be hazardous at times today and especially tonight into Monday morning.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic