UPDATE: SIU Investigating Man's Death Following Shooting in Burlington
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is currently investigating a 32 year old man’s death following a shooting in Burlington on Saturday, September 22.
The SIU states that early in the morning, officers with Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were attempting to locate a man who was involved in a vehicle collision.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., police received a call reporting a suspicious man in the bathroom of a gas station on 875 Appleby Line.
Halton police and OPP officers attended the scene. When the man left the bathroom, there was an exchange of gunfire between him and five officers, four from Halton Police and one from OPP.
The man was struck and pronounced dead at the scene, the SIU reports.
Two Halton police officers were also struck, including one who was involved in the gunfire and one who was not. They have been taken to hospital with non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and two forensic investigators to this incident.
Anyone with information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529.
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Burlington
- Halton Police Officers Not Facing Charges Following Death of 22-Year-Old Man
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved collision in Burlington
- Police Investigating Shooting in Burlington
- Police identify victims of double homicide shooting in Oakville