UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
More details have come to light regarding an incident involving police in Oakville early this morning.
Around 3:45 a.m. on February 16, officers responded to the area of Speers Road and Kerr Street to investigate a dispute with a cab driver.
The investigation led officers to an apartment in the area.
“Shortly after the officers were allowed entry into a 2nd floor apartment unit, a 40-year-old man fled to the balcony,” the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) said in a statement.
“He fell from the balcony to the ground below.”
The man was taken to Hamilton General Hospital with serious injuries.
Halton Police say they notified the SIU of the incident. The SIU has invoked its mandate and assigned four investigators and one forensic investigator to this case.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ford says ‘patience has run thin’ with low numbers of COVID-19 tests in Ontario
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- SIU Investigating After Man Dies in Oakville
- Company Fined $60,000 After Worker Fell from Balcony in Oakville
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Burlington
- UPDATE: SIU Investigating Man's Death Following Shooting in Burlington