UPDATE: Two Children Injured in Elementary School Stabbing in Milton
Two youths are in hospital and one suspect is in custody following an alleged stabbing incident at a Milton elementary school.
Halton police say officers are investigating an altercation between youths that took place at Tiger Jeet Singh Elementary School (650 Yates Drive in Milton).
Police say that at 3:35 p.m. on Wednesday, September 5, officers responded to a disturbance call at the school.
According to police, several youths were involved in the fight.
Two youths reportedly received injuries when a knife was used during the incident.
Police say the two victims have been transported to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A suspect has been arrested and a weapon has been recovered.
Police say the youths involved in the altercation were known to each other.
There is no threat to public safety and lock down procedures were not applicable, police say.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this incident can contact Detective Paul Harrower of the 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2491.
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- At least 2 more vehicles impounded in Halton Police speed blitz
- UPDATE: Youth Facing Charges Following Elementary School Stabbing in Milton
- Child in Hospital After Stabbing at Milton School
- UPDATE: Seven Youths in Custody Following Milton School Lockdown
- Police Investigating Assault at Milton Elementary School
- UPDATE: Here's the Latest on School Lockdown in Milton