UPDATE: Two Children Injured in Elementary School Stabbing in Milton
Two youths are in hospital and one suspect is in custody following an alleged stabbing incident at a Milton elementary school.
Halton police say officers are investigating an altercation between youths that took place at Tiger Jeet Singh Elementary School (650 Yates Drive in Milton).
Police say that at 3:35 p.m. on Wednesday, September 5, officers responded to a disturbance call at the school.
According to police, several youths were involved in the fight.
Two youths reportedly received injuries when a knife was used during the incident.
Police say the two victims have been transported to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A suspect has been arrested and a weapon has been recovered.
Police say the youths involved in the altercation were known to each other.
There is no threat to public safety and lock down procedures were not applicable, police say.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this incident can contact Detective Paul Harrower of the 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2491.
- UPDATE: Police Explosives Disposal Unit on Scene in Oakville
- Popular Clothing Store Gets its First North American Outlet in Halton Hills
- Police Investigation Prompts Road Closures, Evacuations in Oakville
- Multiple Collisions in Burlington Causing Major Backups
- Here's How the Canada Post Strike Could Affect Christmas
- UPDATE: Youth Facing Charges Following Elementary School Stabbing in Milton
- Child in Hospital After Stabbing at Milton School
- Police Investigating Assault at Milton Elementary School
- Two Youths Arrested After Allegedly Fleeing From Police in Burlington
- Five Georgetown Youths Facing Charges in Street Robbery