UPDATE: Vehicle Driven by 13 Year Old Boy Involved in Serious Crash in Oakville
Three Oakville teens sustained injuries in a highway crash in Oakville this morning.
Around 4:45 a.m., police got a call for a collision involving an SUV that was travelling southbound on Eighth Line and lost control prior to the intersection with North Service Road.
“The vehicle continued south through a chain-link fence and onto the westbound lanes of the QEW/403,” police say.
The vehicle then struck the concrete median on the QEW, coming to a stop.
Police say the driver was a 13 year old boy. His passengers were a 16 year old sitting in the front and a 14 year old in the back.
All three were taken to a children’s trauma centre.
“The 14-year-old passenger is in critical condition, the 16-year-old passenger suffered serious injuries but is in stable condition, and the driver suffered minor injuries,” police report.
“Police believe speed and inexperience were both contributing factors in the collision.”
Due to the severity of the injuries, the Collision Reconstruction Unit has taken charge of the investigation.
No charges have been laid at this time.
.@OPP_GTATraffic have closed all westbound lanes on the QEW in the area of Royal Windsor for a single vehicle which left the north service road, crashing into the centre median on the QEW. Several patients w/ serious injuries transported by @HaltonMedics207 #oakville pic.twitter.com/EzX9n073wL— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) March 2, 2019
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Leave your deets when dining: Restaurants taking personal info to trace COVID-19
- Police investigating after Halton Hills woman killed in Brampton
- Roadway closed after vehicle knocks down pole in Burlington
- Town of Oakville opens three more public pools
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- UPDATE: 92-Year-Old Dies as a Result of Injuries From Oakville Collision
- UPDATE: Passenger Sustains Injuries Following Collision at Major Oakville Intersection
- Serious Crash Blocking Highway Lanes in Oakville
- Cyclist in Critical Condition After Being Struck by Vehicle in Oakville