UPDATED: Special Weather Statement in Halton
Get those umbrellas out, because the forecast is calling for a wet and rainy weekend.
A heavy downpour is expected to begin tonight and continue into tomorrow, according to an updated weather statement from Environment Canada.
We could see total rainfall amounts of 30 to 40 mm along with strong winds of up to 60 km/h.
"A low pressure system will approach Southern Ontario today with rain developing over the area this afternoon," Environment Canada reports. "Rain, heavy at times, will continue tonight into Sunday morning."
The rain will taper to scattered showers midday Sunday or Sunday evening.
Residents should take caution especially while commuting, as heavy downpours can cause flash floods as well as water pooling on roads.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers