UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Halton
A weather statement issued for heavy rainfall remains in effect today.
According to Environment Canada, periods of rain will become heavier once again early this morning (Saturday, April 20) with amounts of 15 to 25 mm are possible by this evening.
The rain is expected to taper off to drizzle this evening and completely stop by Sunday morning.
"Although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas," Environment Canada reports.
We'll update with any further weather statements regarding this rain.
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Upcoming teachers' strike to affect multiple school boards in Ontario