Upscale Toronto Restaurant Coming to Downtown Oakville
This. Is. Huge.
It attracts Hollywood A-listers each year come TIFF - not bad for a basement experience, huh? - and now it’s heading west to Oakville.
And we don’t even have a Four Seasons within walking distance.
Very famous people who’ve dined at this Toronto hotspot include Oprah Winfrey, Drake, Blake Lively, Robin Williams, and Mark Wahlberg — and that’s just a fraction of its star power.
(Side note: this puff pastry dumpling with pear tastes as good as it looks!)
So … are you ready to say you’ve Sotto’d?
Sotto Sotto, one of Yorkville’s most established restaurants, is going to be opening a downtown Oakville location.
It’s going to be on the ground level of The Randall Residences, currently under construction at the southwest corner of Randall St. and Reynolds Rd.
“I don't believe there is an established move-in date yet” for the restaurant, said Rosehaven Homes marketing manager Heather Weeks back in 2017.
Sotto Sotto will likely open in late 2019, said Weeks.
The menu includes Italian staples such as risotto, gnocchi, tiramisu, steak, branzino, and veal.
Did we mention steak?
They’re known for using fresh ingredients to craft simple classics.
Favourite dishes, such as Vongole In Padella (steamed clams in white wine), Sardine Alla Griglia (grilled fresh sardines), Carpaccio Di Manzo (beef tenderloin with shaved parmigiana and baby arugula), and Pennette Via Frattina (penne, salmon and asparagus in a rose sauce) will soon be so much closer to home.
And that wine list is absolutely unreal.
This means our town’s Italian food scene just got even more legit.
Are they taking reservations now for date night?!
Photos courtesy of Sotto Sotto
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ford says ‘patience has run thin’ with low numbers of COVID-19 tests in Ontario
- 5 Anticipated Restaurants for 2018 in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills
- Here's What's Happening With the Randall Condo in Oakville
- Here's What's Happening Now With the Randall Condo in Oakville
- Here’s What We Know About a New Italian Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- New Italian Restaurant Coming to Oakville