Upside to Milton’s cold snap? This outdoor skating rink is now open
Published January 19, 2024 at 10:52 am
The extended cold snap Milton has been under for the last few days has at least some benefits.
The neighbourhood outdoor rink at Laurier Park is officially open. The rink is for skaters of all ages and abilities to enjoy and is open, weather permitting, from dawn to dusk.
As a reminder, this rink is volunteer-run, unsupervised, and not operated by Town staff. The program empowers volunteers who have committed to building and operating an outdoor ice rink for all residents to enjoy, free of charge.
Here are the rules for the outdoor rink program:
- Only skate on the ice when the sign indicates it is open
- Skates must be worn on the surface at all times, no boots or shoes allowed
- Skate at your own risk, CSA-approved helmets are strongly encouraged to be worn by all skaters
- Rink is open from dawn to dusk
- Open to all members of the community and skaters of all ages and abilities
- No charge to use this rink
- No pets, food or drinks on the ice surface
Laurier Park is located at 756 Laurier Ave., between Thompson Rd. and Ontario St.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising