Victim Identified in Suspicious Death Investigation in Oakville
The investigation is ongoing following a recent death in Oakville.
Officers were called to the area of Allan and Church Street after a 91 year old man was found with obvious signs of trauma on Saturday afternoon, August 24.
The victim, who succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead, has been identified as Oakville man Edmund Ferrari.
“This incident is being treated as a suspicious death and is being investigated by our Homicide Unit,” police say.
Police are searching for a possible witness who was seen leaving the area at the time of the incident.
He is described as a black man between 30 and 40 years old, more than six feet tall with an average build, shoulder length hair, and wearing a black long-sleeve hoodie and black pants (possibly with a reflective/fluorescent stripe).
Video footage shows him leaving the area in a newer-model, 4-door, black Volkswagen Golf.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses, anyone with information, and anyone with video footage from Allan St., Church St., Lakeshore Rd. E., Randall St., Reynolds St., Douglas Ave., and/or the general downtown Oakville area between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Saturday to contact them.
Information can be submitted by calling the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 8 – 14
- This Famous Building Has Been Designated as a Heritage Site in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington