Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
Police have identified the woman who was pronounced dead following a collision in Mississauga, just outside Oakville.
The incident happened early Saturday afternoon (July 21) on Highway 403 westbound from Winston Churchill.
One vehicle was involved in a rollover collision, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported.
A female driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as Heather Wende, a 28 year old woman from Burlington.
A female passenger, 28, was also hurt in the collision. She was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The highway has since reopened.
Photos courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- Multi-Vehicle Collision Blocking Lanes On Highway 403 In Burlington
- How to Protect Yourself From a Coyote in Halton
- PHOTOS: Police Investigating One-Vehicle Accident In Milton