Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
Police have identified the woman who was pronounced dead following a collision in Mississauga, just outside Oakville.
The incident happened early Saturday afternoon (July 21) on Highway 403 westbound from Winston Churchill.
One vehicle was involved in a rollover collision, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported.
A female driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as Heather Wende, a 28 year old woman from Burlington.
A female passenger, 28, was also hurt in the collision. She was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The highway has since reopened.
Photos courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says
- Co-op jobs to open up at Ford Oakville plant
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton