Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
Police have identified the woman who was pronounced dead following a collision in Mississauga, just outside Oakville.
The incident happened early Saturday afternoon (July 21) on Highway 403 westbound from Winston Churchill.
One vehicle was involved in a rollover collision, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported.
A female driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as Heather Wende, a 28 year old woman from Burlington.
A female passenger, 28, was also hurt in the collision. She was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The highway has since reopened.
Photos courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Arrests made after masked men rob Burlington LCBO
- Halton Pet Adoption: "Jumping" Joey
- Doug Ford discusses help for businesses and urges residents not to go to cottages during COVID-19 outbreak
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford