VIDEO: Dramatic Baby Possum Rescue in Halton
Eleven baby opossums have been rescued and saved.
According to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society Facebook page, earlier this week an officer from the society responded to a call for an opossum that was hit by a car.
Once on scene it was discovered that it was a mother, and her eleven babies were still in her pouch.
Unfortunately, the mother did not survive but all of the babies were rescued and taken to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society where they were checked by a Registered Veterinary Technician.
The baby opossums were relocated to a wildlife rehabilitation centre and will be released when they are old enough.
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Man charged with break and enter while family was sleeping: Halton Police
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic