VIDEO: Milton Man Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
A Milton man has died following a crash on the eastbound 403 in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently announced that a 27-year-old Milton man was pronounced dead in hospital following a crash involving two trucks.
The collision occurred on the eastbound 403 between Mavis Rd. and Hurontario St.
“I’m on scene here, highway 403 eastbound between Mavis and highway 10,” Schmidt said in a video posted to Twitter.
— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) July 9, 2018
“We have a two vehicle collision involving a septic truck that went into the back of a parked, stopped or disabled transport truck that was on the right shoulder getting some work done by a tire maintenance company.”
Schmidt said one person was taken hospital with critical injuries and another with serious injuries.
The critically injured victim has since succumbed to his injuries.
“Right now we have all lanes for the 403 eastbound closed,” says Schmidt. “All traffic is being forced off at Mavis Rd.”
The westbound lanes are still open, but traffic is slow due to the visual distraction.
Schmidt says the closure could last several hours.
- Police Searching for a Father and 11-Month-Old Son in Burlington
- Residents Warned to Beware of Very Convincing New Scam in Halton
- Popular Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Burlington Mall
- Halton Hills Pub Has Approximately $100,000 in Damage Following Fire
- New Chocolate Bar Now Available in Canada