VIDEO: Tear Gas Used in 7 Hour Stand-Off in Burlington
Halton Regional Police are dealing with a barricaded person in a Burlington home.
The incident started as a domestic situation at a Milton Restaurant late Sunday night. The person left the restaurant and was seen driving away. His vehicle was located shortly thereafter at Colonsay Drive in Burlington.
Officers from Burlington that responded to the residence were threatened by the subject with the firearm. He then went back to his home.
The male was observed with one weapon as he threatened the officers and he is believed to have several more inside.
The officers have sealed off the home and are maintaining a perimeter. The tactical Rescue unit, K9 and a negotiator have been dispatched to the scene and currently making attempts to have the subject surrender.
Updates will follow.
.@HaltonPolice Tactical Response Unit utilized tear gas & pepper spray to resolve the 7 hour long standoff on Colonsay Drive in Burlington. Adult male now is custody & is in care of @HaltonMedics207. #BurlON pic.twitter.com/4dqmrnLQXQ— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) February 19, 2018
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Will COVID-19 affect Halton house prices?
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating