VIDEO: Woman Horrified Following Animal Cruelty Incident in Burlington
A woman has expressed horror after finding a cat whose face and head were covered in duct tape in Burlington.
In a video posted to Facebook on the Every Life Matters - ELM Cat Rescue page, two people gently remove duct tape from a cat’s face.
According to the post, the cat was discovered in the Guelph Line and Mainway area.
“I can’t believe people can be like this,” a woman can be heard saying in the video.
Nicole Paling, founder of ELM, discovered the female cat—who she has since named Lucky—on Tuesday, Oct. 2.
“PLEASE! If anyone was driving or walking on Industrial Street in #BurlON at 7:25 pm last night (Tuesday, October 2, 2018) and witnessed anything at all please contact us on our page or by emailing us at elmcatrescue [at] gmail [dot] com,” she wrote on Facebook.
“I hate people,” Paling can be heard saying in the video. “This is disgusting.”
Fortunately for Lucky, Paling and another man were able to remove the tape.
In a second video uploaded to Facebook, Paling says that Lucky, who is about three years old, has some broken teeth.
“She did not deserve some coward to do what they did to you,” Paling can be heard saying in video before vowing to find the culprit.
Anyone with information about the incident can contact ELM, Halton police or the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (OSPCA).
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Frost advisory in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Milton
- Group of Emily Carr students told to self isolate due to COVID
- Huge leap in demand for COVID testing at Burlington's Joseph Brant
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police respond after video shows officer assaulting civilian in Oakville
- VIDEO: Vehicle Crashes into Grocery Store in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy Video Shows Store Owners Fend Off Armed Thieves with Swords
- VIDEO: Dramatic Baby Possum Rescue in Halton
- Cow Slaughter Video Filmed in Milton Causes Uproar