Volunteers Raise $75K for the Georgetown Hospital
It hasn't been long since it was announced that volunteers raised $150,000 for Milton District Hospital. Now, Halton Healthcare has announced that volunteers have raised $75,000 which will go towards Georgetown Hospital.
The hospital was recently presented with the cheque in June.
More specifically, on June 5, 2019, at their annual general meeting, the Georgetown Hospital Volunteer Association (GHVA) presented Georgetown Hospital with a cheque for $75,000.
In a recent press release, Cindy McDonell, Chief Operating Officer at Georgetown Hospital, explained how this money was raised and what it will go towards.
"In addition to their invaluable hours of service the volunteer association raises funds through revenue generated from the gift shop, vendor sales, 50/50 draws and community events," McDonell said in a statement. "Every year I attend the association's annual general meeting and the donation presented to the hospital always amazes me. This year their donation will fund new Staxi transport chairs, an orthopedic drill and an ultrasound probe."
The recent $75,000 donation marks the single largest donation in the association's 61-year history. But regardless, donating in general is something the association is proud of.
"Our volunteer association is extremely proud and excited about donating the funds to purchase much needed medical equipment and truly hope it will be an integral part of helping to ensure that our community receives exemplary patient experiences, always,” Allan Welters, GHVA President, said in a statement.
Besides presenting the hospital with the cheque, two GHVA volunteers were acknowledged for their commitment to the hospital. According to the release, both individuals who were recognized have been volunteers for the past 30 years.
"We are very fortunate to have such caring, compassionate and committed volunteers," McDonell said. "Their long history of giving and dedicated service to the hospital truly enhances the patient experience."
In the photo (from left to right): Allan Welters, GHVA President; Cindy McDonell, Chief Operating Officer at Georgetown Hospital; Denise Hardenne, President & CEO, Halton Healthcare; and, John W. Nyholt, Chair, Halton Healthcare Board of Directors.
Photo is courtesy of Halton Healthcare.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- Oakville Hospital Receives $1 Million from Volunteers
- Volunteers Raise Over $100K for the Milton District Hospital
- This New Service is Now Available at Georgetown Hospital
- Here’s Why the Milton District Hospital Foundation Received More Than $100K Recently
- Joe Brant Hospital awarded for organ and tissue donation