"Walk off the Earth" Performing at Memorial Tribute in Burlington
A memorial tribute will be happening in Burlington to honour “Walk off the Earth” band member Mike Taylor, who recently passed away.
Taylor, known to fans as the Beard Guy, reportedly passed away in his sleep at his Burlington residence on December 30, 2018.
The band has announced that a musical tribute will be taking place this Sunday, January 13 at the Civic Square in downtown Burlington, the group’s hometown.
Admission is free for the event, which will go from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The tribute will feature performances from various artists and groups including Walk off the Earth, Barenaked Ladies, Scott Helman, Monster Truck, USS, Darenots, and Saint Alvia.
Thank you all for your support during this time. We are looking forward to celebrating our good friend and brother this coming Sunday with all of you pic.twitter.com/97elp4Cjgk— Walk off the Earth (@WalkOffTheEarth) January 7, 2019
“We want to thank you from the bottom of our broken hearts for the amount of love you’ve shown us over the loss of our beloved Beard Guy,” Walk off the Earth said in a tweet to their fans on Tuesday, January 1.
“Let’s take each other’s hands and honour Mike and the legend that he is.”
Fans of Walk off the Earth can check here for dates and locations of the band’s future performances.
Cover image courtesy of Walk off the Earth on Twitter
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Hamilton-Burlington
- Former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez dies
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- Walk Off the Earth Releases Tribute Song Honouring Late Band Member
- Here’s How Burlington is Honouring the Late Walk Off The Earth Band Member
- City of Burlington Reacts to Death of Walk of the Earth Band Member
- Burlington's "Walk off the Earth" Band Member Dies
- Here’s What the Walk Off The Earth Tribute Concert Looked Like in Burlington