Warning issued for Halton with heavy and freezing rain in the forecast
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the Halton region as heavy rain, freezing rain, and strong winds are expected Saturday into Sunday.
“Light rain or drizzle is expected to develop early Friday morning and continue through the day before becoming heavier Friday night,” said Environment Canada. “Rain, at times heavy, will continue Saturday before mixing with or changing to freezing rain Saturday evening.”
Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 mm are possible and travel will likely be impacted throughout Southern Ontario.
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit