WATCH: Halton Police and OPP investigating after video of objects being thrown at cars off Burlington QEW
The Halton Regional Police Service said it was made aware of a social media video which depicted two males throwing objects at passing vehicles on the eastbound QEW in Burlington.
The social media video was posted on Sunday. In the video, two people can be seen standing by the South Service Rd, throwing objects at moving vehicles.
“The males are observed doing this numerous times and laughing as they attempted to hit vehicles with objects which may have been eggs”, said police.
“This was an extremely dangerous and irresponsible act as vehicles travelling on the QEW are moving at least 100 km/h and this could have caused a motorist to panic and have resulted in a serious traffic collision on the QEW.”
Halton police say they are investigating.
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
“The police service is seeking out any witnesses to this event, which may include motorists travelling on the eastbound lanes of the QEW just east of Guelph Line in the City of Burlington,” said Halton police. “This incident is believed to have occurred in the early morning hours of Sunday, May 10, 2020 at about 3:00 a.m.”
The Ontario Provincial Police have also received information about the posted social media video and will be assisting the Halton Regional Police Service.
Any person with information can contact HRPS Constable Jon Daruwala at 905-825-4747 extension 7512 or at email address: jon [dot] daruwala [at] haltonpolice [dot] ca" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">jon [dot] daruwala [at] haltonpolice [dot] ca
HRPS incident number 202000145288.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- At least 2 more vehicles impounded in Halton Police speed blitz
- Driver charged for traveling at high speed in Oakville
- Arrests made after video of objects being thrown at cars off Burlington QEW
- Police Investigating Male Throwing Sign onto Highway in Oakville
- Police Investigate Social Media Post in Georgetown
- Police Investigate Social Media Threats at a Burlington High School
- Police Investigating Car Fire That Occurred in Burlington