Water gun leads to 3 schools on lockdown: Halton Police
The Halton Regional Police Service added some clarity to a chaotic Tuesday afternoon in Georgetown that resulted in three different schools being placed on lockdown.
Shortly before 1:00 p.m., police say they received a call from a staff member at Georgetown District High School after observing a male pointing what appeared to be a firearm at a student in the school cafeteria.
THIRD SCHOOL IN LOCKDOWN— Halton Police (@HaltonPolice) March 3, 2020
Gary Allan High School is now also in lockdown.
At this time (1:09pm), there are still no reports of any physical injuries.
Updates to follow. ^jh
Georgetown District High School was immediately placed into lockdown. As a precaution, nearby Holy Cross Catholic Elementary School and Gary Allen High School were also placed in lockdown.
“Significant police resources were deployed to Georgetown District High School to ensure the safety of students and staff within the school and to conduct a thorough investigation into the reported incident,” said Halton Police.
“Upon entering the school, two males were immediately taken into custody without incident.”
After a search was conducted in an effort to locate the weapon in question, police say their investigation determined that the weapon seen was a water gun.
No physicals injuries were reported as a result of the incident.
Both arrested parties were released unconditionally at the scene, and no criminal charges are pending.
All three lockdowns were lifted prior to 2:00 p.m.
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- UPDATE: Female trapped in vehicle after collision in Burlington
- Canadian Armed Forces departing Ontario long-term care homes
- Police searching for missing 93-year-old woman from Burlington
- UPDATE: Multiple Halton schools on lockdown; parents told to stay away
- Four Suspects in Custody After Weapons Call at Halton School Lockdown
- One School in Lockdown and Another is in Hold and Secure in Georgetown
- UPDATE: Here's the Latest on School Lockdown in Milton
- UPDATE: Seven Youths in Custody Following Milton School Lockdown