Weather warning remains in effect for Halton
A heavy rain warning remains in effect as rainfall, combined with melting snow, is expected to continue this afternoon.
According to Environment Canada, total rainfall amounts of 40 to 60 mm are expected by midnight, with flooding likely in some areas as the frozen ground will have a reduced ability to absorb the rainfall.
“The rain will change over to freezing rain beginning later this evening as temperatures dip to near the zero degree mark,” the report says. “West winds gusting to 60 km/h will herald the end of the precipitation Sunday morning.”
Residents should watch out for flooding in low-lying areas and exercise caution while driving, as visibility will be significantly reduced.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- COVID-19: Trudeau announces massive funding for Kids Help Phone and programs for seniors
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Halton
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Halton
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Halton
- 'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Halton
- Warning issued for Halton with heavy and freezing rain in the forecast