Weekend winter storm warning issued for Halton
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement Wednesday for the Halton region.
“A low pressure system will impact southern Ontario this weekend,” said Environment Canada. “Rain, freezing rain, and snow are all possible with this system.”
“Significant rainfall amounts are expected for areas north of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Freezing rain is expected to affect most areas from east of Lake Huron to eastern Ontario. Significant ice accretion or build up is possible. Snow will affect areas east of Georgian Bay with significant snowfall amounts.”
There is still uncertainty as to which areas will be the most impacted by this system; however, travel is expected to be impacted.
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Warning issued for Halton with heavy and freezing rain in the forecast
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
- Some Areas in Halton May Get Hit With More Snow Soon
- Wet and windy weekend ahead; weather alert issued for Halton
- Freezing Rain Expected to Hit Halton This Week