'Welcome Back Oakville' campaign aims to boost local economy as COVID-19 restrictions loosen
Welcome back, Oakville!
That’s the name of the new campaign launched by the Oakville Economic Task Force as the Government of Ontario loosens COVID-19 restrictions.
The community-wide campaign encourages residents to support local commerce, in partnership with Oakville’s Business Improvement Areas, the Oakville Chamber of Commerce, Visit Oakville, and the Town of Oakville’s Economic Development department.
The Halton Region was given the green light by the province to move on to Stage 2 of the reopening process on June 19.
“Oakville businesses are ready to welcome residents back with new safety protocols to keep staff and customers safe,” said Mayor Rob Burton. “Through the Welcome Back Oakville campaign, the Task Force is working together with Oakville businesses to encourage residents to explore new ways of safely supporting local.”
Welcome Back Oakville kicked off Monday (June 29) with an interactive map, available at exploreoakville.maps.arcgis.com that allows residents to find local businesses by type of service currently open.
According to the official media release, the Welcome Back Oakville campaign will include a series of online videos spotlighting “the familiar faces and safe spaces” of Oakville’s businesses.
Businesses and consumers are encouraged to use the #WelcomeBackOakville hashtag to show local support online.
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- Burlington urging residents to support local businesses during COVID-19 pandemic
- Local Restaurants Give Back in a Big Way in Oakville
- Halton Hills taking steps to assist local businesses
- Oakville scaling back non-essential services due to COVID-19
- Here’s How Businesses in Oakville Can Improve Their Online Presence