What you need to know: Oakville's Tree Lighting & Holiday Market
Downtown Oakville’s Centennial Square is the site for the annual free Tree Lighting Ceremony & Holiday Market between 7 and 9 p.m. Friday.
The event offers family entertainment, caroling, Santa, Christmas treats, an outdoor market, and of course the lighting of the tree.
“Take your photo with Santa, explore the holiday market and enjoy festive entertainment while sipping on hot cocoa,” says Visit Oakville. “Plus, this year we are introducing LED swings and a 10.5 ft. 3D illuminated ornament to help you capture amazing memories!”
The decorated 50ft blue spruce Christmas tree will be lit by Santa at 8 p.m.
Holiday Market Vendors
- British Grocer
- Cobs Bread
- Chestnut Cart
- Dove+ Arrow
- Dr. Adrienne
- Makers Mojo
- Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
- Olives en Folie
- Sugar Suite
- Ten Thousand Villages
- The Ten Spot
- Toroguchi Martial Arts
- Tribeca Coffee Co.
Beer Garden & Patios
- The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro (beer garden)
- Paradiso Restaurant
- Mercedes-Benz Lounge
(cover photo courtesy of Downtown Oakville BIA)
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Police arrest 16-year-old in toddler stabbing and death of family dog
- Update: Police standoff ends after toddler was stabbed
- The province suggests tiny homes could help the housing crisis
- Police responding after two pedestrians struck in different parts of Milton