What's Open and Closed Canada Day in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
Canada Day 2019 is here…so let the celebrations begin!
But before you head out, or before people start gathering at your place, here’s a rundown of what’s open and closed in Halton today (Monday, July 1, 2019).
What’s open and closed Canada Day, July 1:
- Toronto Premium Outlets in Halton Hills from 9:30a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Oakville Museum from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Outdoor pools in Oakville
- Free swim at Rotary Park outdoor pool in Milton from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Some grocery stores, but call ahead
- Some Shoppers Drug Marts, but call ahead
- Movie theatres
Other major malls that are open:
- Square One (11a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Bramalea City Centre (11a.m. to 6p.m.)
- Vaughan Mills (10a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Eaton Centre (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Pacific Mall (11a.m. to 8p.m.)
- Burlington City Hall
- Activities and customer service hours at pools, arenas, and community centres will vary in Burlington. Click herefor more information.
- Burlington Public Library
- Oakville arenas, community centres, fire administration, indoor pools, libraries, Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts, seniors’ centres, Town Hall, and youth centres
- All town facilities in Milton (including Town Hall)
- LCBO locations
- Beer Store locations
- All levels of government offices
- Sherway Gardens
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- No mail delivery
- Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
- Halton Court Services (Provincial Offences Courts)
- Oakville will operate on a Sunday schedule(8 a.m. until 8 p.m.)
- Burlington Transit will operate on a holiday schedule
- Milton Transit will not operate
Canada Day Events:
Canada Day Road Closures:
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Power Outage Affecting Oakville Residents This Morning
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Privacy Concerns Rise About Government's New Metrolinx Station Program