What's open and closed Easter weekend in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
Easter Weekend in 2020 is Good Friday (April 10), Easter Sunday (April 12) and Easter Monday (April 13) in the Halton-area. Almost everything that is closed Friday is closed Sunday.
This year, many things that are typically open will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Residents are asked to avoid public gatherings (some religious services can be streamed or watched at home) and to refrain from inviting friends and family over for Easter celebrations. Gatherings of more than five people are not permitted by the province of Ontario, even for religious purposes. Restaurants will still not be permitted to offer dine-in service, but some might still be open for takeout and delivery.
To see a list of Halton restaurants that have indicated they’re offering takeout and/or delivery over the course of the pandemic, click here. Here’s what is open and closed this long weekend::
- Mapleview Centre
- Burlington Centre
- Oakville Place
- Beer Store
- Oakville community centres/arenas/pools
- Oakville Museum
- All Milton town facilities will be closed
- City Hall/Town Hall
- Halton Court Services
Friday’s waste collection will take place on Saturday.
Other major malls closed:
- Bramalea City Centre
- Square One
- Sherway Gardens
- Vaughan Mills
- Some restaurants might be open for takeout and delivery only, but call ahead to be sure
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Oakville Transit will run on a holiday schedule on Friday (regular weekday service resumes Monday)
- Burlington Transit will run on a holiday schedule and the downtown Transit Terminal and Specialized (Handi-Van) Dispatch will be closed on Friday. Regular service will resume on Saturday. For real-time schedule information, visit www.burlingtontransit.ca.
- Milton Transit will not operate on Friday
- GO Transit will run on a Sunday schedule on Friday
- Skies will be clear in Halton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Burlington man wanted in sexual assault and choking investigation
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Halton District School Board releases reopening plan for Sept. 2020
- Police looking for missing 24-year-old Burlington woman